The Archdiocesan District Finance Committee is a standing committee of the Archdiocesan District Council and a subcommittee of the National Finance Committee. It is comprised of appointed lay members from across the Archdiocesan District. The Archdiocesan District Finance Committee works with the National Finance Committee to implement the Total Commitment Program approved by the Archdiocese Clergy-Laity Congress in 2006. The committee meets regularly throughout the year. The committee also meets with Parish Councils to review their allocations, hear appeals, answer questions, discuss their issues and assist them.
- Provide for financial transparency and accountability
- Providing open transparency in Archdiocesan District financial reporting
- Assists in preparing Archdiocesan District Budget
- Implementation of the total Commitment Program for the Archdiocesan District
- Set deadlines
- Coordinate preparation and distribution of allocations
- Hears and decides appeals
- Assist parishes through Compliance process
- Works with National Finance Committee
Members: Clergy Members:
- Protopresbyter Elias Villis, Chancellor of the Archdiocesan District
- All Vicars are Participating Members of the Archdiocesan District Finance Committee
- Mr. Larry Hotzoglou, Archdiocesan District. Vice Chair - Saint Nicholas, Flushing
- Mr. Theodore Germanakos, Archdiocesan District. Council Treasurer - Zoodochos Peghe, Bronx
- Mr. Nicholas Balidis – Church of Our Savior, Rye (Co-Chair)
- Mrs. Lydia Vagelos-Callimanis – Saint Spyridon, NYC (Co-Chair)
- Dr. Steven Gounardes – Holy Cross, Brooklyn
- Mrs. Anna Nikolados – Holy Trinity, Hicksville
- Mr. Harry Raptakis – Chair – Cathedral of St. Paul, Hempstead
- Mr. Peter Skeadas – Church of Our Saviour, Rye
- Mr. Peter Valasiadis - St. Nicholas, Flushing
Archdiocesan District Staff:
- Joanne Marzella – Consultant - Church of Our Saviour, Rye
SCHEDULE OF 2022 IMPORTANT DATES*
|May 15, 2023||All Data Forms to be Submitted to Archdiocesan District for Review.|
|October 6, 2023||
Deadline for submission of Request to Appeal 2023 Allocation.
Appeal must be accompanied by current financial statement.
|Week of October 23, 2023||Date for Appeal Hearings.|
|December 31, 2023||Deadline for collection of 2023 Total Commitment and Pension Benefits.|
*All dates above are subject to change
All appeals and compliance conferences will be heard at the:
8 East 79th St., New York, NY
Between the hours of 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as otherwise scheduled.
Appointments are to be coordinated with: Maria Anna Kassomenakis – (212) 774-0210.